Monday, August 07, 2006

Quick Update

Our laptop at home is cranky, so this is a quick mid-day post.

Transfer went well yesterday--the embryologist said "excellent transfer" as the embryo (on this day called a blastocyst) went up into me.

Mr. Lyrehca and I squinted at the ultrasound machine as it happened, but neither he nor I could see anything specific on the screen.

Went home and vegged out and napped on our hammock.

Felt a bit crampy yesterday afternoon and today, but feel ok now. It's too early to tell if this means anything.

Clinic called today to say that four of the five remaining blastocyst embryos looked good today, so they're going into a deep freezer for storage should we need to do this again.

Clinic's pregnancy test is scheduled for next week.

Days of waiting begin.

As always, THANK YOU EVERYONE for your kind comments and support. And I know people are stopping by and aren't commenting (I'm getting addicted to my SiteMeter numbers), which is fine. I just appreciate all of you in Cyberland are thinking and hoping for me and the Mister. It means a lot since we're being very secretive about all this to just about everyone we know in person so this is the major form of support I've got these days. THANK YOU.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another positive of the internet - you can unburden yourself in ways that you may not feel comfortable doing in "real" life. I certainly feel that way. I'm glad blogging is helping, and I continue to think good thoughts for you.

Nicole P said...

I'll be hoping for you. ;) N

Dr. Grumbles said...

Hope the blastocyst settled in nicely!

Minnesota Nice said...

Superb.

If not a mother... said...

definitely hoping for the big positive for you!

Kerri. said...

I'm thinking of you and the Mr. And I'm so glad you've found some support in the blogosphere. I'm glad you're here.

caren said...

Fingers are still crossed! Thanks for the update.
Caren

Michko said...

Hoping for good news and a quick wait!

Ottoette said...

Sending good thoughts and white light and all good things your way! Thinking of you!

Violet said...

Petals warmly crossed...

Major Bedhead said...

It would be a very auspicious day for you to have gotten pregnant. Do we cheer "Go, blasty, go" now?

Fingers and toes and all that crossed for you and The Mister.