Thursday, January 11, 2007

Living Single

This week, while the Mister has been out o' town, I have

1. Worked late during my deadline week and not felt annoyed about it.

2. Barely turned the television on and loved the silence.

3. Slept with a million pillows propping up my pregnant body into comfortable positions, and have not dealt with insomnia.

4. Had a fabulous Shiatsu pregnancy massage one night and felt blissful.

5. Stayed up 'til 3am reading this book, and was late to work today because I had to finish it before I got out of bed. (Working 12 hour days all week, I didn't think twice about getting out of bed at the time I normally leave the house. I still worked another late night, along with the rest of my coworkers.) This book is phenomenal and it'll be a movie this year. So worth reading for the imagery, the plot twists, the depth of the characters. I cried several times while reading it.

I have an Endo/OB visit tomorrow morning, so this post will likely be updated in a day or two.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing just fine home alone. Now, behave yourself and don't go getting into mischief.
Chrissie had also posted about The Kite Runner - I often see copies in my neighborhood used book store and will have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Kite Runner. Fantastic book, I loved it - cried SO.MANY.TIMES during that book.

I am glad you're having a wonderful week, but am wondering if when Mister gets back - does that mean he's relegated to the guest bedroom? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Kite Runner. Fantastic book, I loved it - cried SO.MANY.TIMES during that book.

I am glad you're having a wonderful week, but am wondering if when Mister gets back - does that mean he's relegated to the guest bedroom? :)

Major Bedhead said...

I need to get that book. Everyone has recommeded it. Sounds like you've had a lovely week.

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time getting into the Kite Runner but I stuck with it and once I got past the first chapter or so I was hooked. It was tough to swallow at points but definitely a good read...