Saturday, January 21, 2006

Something's Around the Corner

This upcoming week should bring something new.

My period is due on Wednesday, and considering my track record these past few months, I'm thinking I'm not pregnant and my period will show up right on time.

I don't feel any different--no nausea, no sickness, no boob pain or anything. I just feel as I always do. Plus, I haven't been eating as great as I have been trying to eat over the past five months, and my sugars haven't looked good at all. If nothing else, getting my period this week would mean a fetus wasn't subjected to blood sugars flirting with the 200 and occaisionally higher range these past few weeks.

And on Tuesday, I have an appointment with an infertility clinic that I had to make three months ago, when I'd only been trying to have a kid for a few months. So now that January's here, it's been close to six, and that officially lets me talk to an infertility person to try to figure out what's going on.

Unlike some things I've read, I'm not upset about going to a fertility clinic, and I don't feel like I'm being punished because I'm 35 and some people likely think that I've waited to long to try to have a child. I just want to get this show on the road already, and if something's blocked or clogged or not a strong swimmer or whatever, I just want to narrow it down.

Then I can decide what to do next: take some Clomid? See an acupuncturist? Have laprascopic surgery? Get semen analyzed? Consider IUI and IVF? Look into adoption?

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: